Amex increases its welcome offers on Delta credit cards
American Express has launched new limited-time offers for its Delta co-branded credit cards. The promotion, which runs until November 10, 2021, features welcome offers ranging from 70,000 to 90,000 bonus miles, depending on the card.
Key points to remember
- American Express recently launched new limited-time offers on its Delta credit cards for regular and corporate cardholders.
- Cardholders can earn up to 90,000 bonus miles and possibly Medallion qualifying miles, depending on the card they choose.
- While the offers aren’t the best in recent memory, they’re still worth considering for people considering a Delta credit card.
What you’ll earn with an Amex Delta credit card
Delta SkyMiles credit cards provide the ability to quickly earn Delta Miles with great welcome offers and rewards on daily spending. In addition, American Express occasionally offers greater incentives to new cardholders.
Until November 10, 2021, new Delta Consumer Credit Cardholders can earn the following bonuses:
If you’re a small business owner, here’s what to expect from the Delta line of credit cards:
Things to consider before applying
The new welcome offers are solid, and if you are considering getting a Delta credit card, this might be a good time to do it.
However, there are a few things to keep in mind before applying.
- These cards generally require good or excellent credit, which means having a FICO score of 670 or higher.
- These aren’t the best American Express Delta deals we’ve seen in recent times. In June, for example, we saw the same bonus miles offered on all three consumer credit cards, plus $ 200 statement credits after your first Delta purchase. So if you can wait, you might be able to get a better welcome offer in the future.
- American Express welcome offers are unique. In other words, if you’ve ever had an Amex card and won the welcome offer, you can’t earn it anymore.
With that in mind, it’s worth taking the time to compare different Delta credit cards, as well as other airline and general travel cards, to determine if applying for one is the right decision for you.